Sunday, January 17, 2010

Final Reaction

So far, the most useful resource for me has been the online video resources. As a language teacher, it used to be difficult to find authentic materials for the students to use. With the technology today, students can see commercials, movie clips, news broadcasts, and music in the target language. It makes learning a second language more "real" and exciting for them. I want my students to hear other francophone speakers in order to hear the various dialects and help them improve their listening skills and overall comprehension of the language.

I believe that I will also use my delicious account, as well as begin more blogging as a way to communicate with my students, and facilitate discussion outside of the classroom.

6 comments:

  1. I also think that the video resources are awesome. Acutally, at home Juancito watches cartoons in French (along w/other languages) that he finds on Utube. It made me realize that even though students don't know 100% of what is being said, they can still follow along with what is happening since cartoons are very visual and slower for small children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have the video resources bookmarked on your delicious account? If any of them also include spanish language clips, could you share them with me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also make a point to include video resources in my classroom. I find students pay closer attention...after all so many of us are visual learners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love Youtube and use it a lot in my music classes because of the authentic recordings. I can find clips of famous composers running their rehearsals, youth choir performances, and all sorts of other interesting clips. I can definitely see how the same would hold true for foriegn language clips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that delicious accounts are a great way for us to collaborate and share the resources like good youtube videos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy- I agree that finding the videos have been a great resource for listeining comprehension. Also any cultural topics that you run into there are lots of videos. I know the French teacher in my building uses YouTube to show clips from Les Mis and even tours of different lnadmarks. I use it anytime I talk about a festival as well!

    ReplyDelete