Saturday, December 5, 2009

Video sharing sights - Thoughts

Hi -
I checked out the following online video resource sights for teachers, and here are my thoughts:

Teacher Tube - I have used this in the past, and some of the stuff is really good. However - there are also some videos that are not as good. What I found is that you have to be very specific in searching what you are looking for. This will save time and increase the chance that you will find something you can use.

School Tube - I was not as interested in this one. It seemed as if all the videos were of other teacher's students making presentations. This would be good if you found a good exemplar that you wanted to show kids for your own projects.

You tube - I use this site all the time. I have also received videos from colleagues who found something they thought I could use in class. What I like is that there are a lot of options for language teachers, and students are able to hear the language by native speakers from around the world. You do have to watch for appropriateness however.

Movie Clips - Great concept! Unfortunately - not a lot that I can use in my classroom as a LOTE Teacher. I will keep this in mind in case more french language films are added to the list. I think it's a fantastic idea though! It would allow the teacher to show just a short clip to demonstrate vocabulary, grammar, or cultural concepts.

No comments:

Post a Comment